Another Update
11 years ago
The Holdaway Family Reunion first began in 1971 with the gathering of families at Spring Mill. Today we've grown to averaging 100+ family members at each year's reunion. It's about time that we begin documenting our pictures and memories. Please email your pictures or memories to chrisandmichelep@gmail.com. Feel free to add your comments to any post too. (Click on "comments" and chose "Anonymous", but be sure to sign your name to the comment.)
4 comments:
work, I know, but I'd be interested in a breakdown of some kind. If Deni Riley was blown away by "all the little kids" - there must be a lot of them.
This also affects meals - 110 people is not 110 meals...witness Claire cub and Maria and Joseph - and how many more.
Get right on that, Michele! :)
In the future, I do not think that any adjustments to meal planning should be made to account for attendance increases/decreases. I think that we should continue to plan for 100 people, knowing that some of them are "little people" and won't eat a full serving. That will make up for the extra 10-20 that attend above the 100.
The whole "let's adjust how much food we take because So-And-So isn't coming" was an issue this year. It shouldn't have been.
You know, it seems as if it ought to matter if so and so isn't coming - but you're right Deni, it really doesn't.
And witness all the phone calls back and forth with "now they're coming, no, wait, they're not" was confusing and unnecessary.
I too think it is a better idea to plan for a certain number...and 100 seems appropriate...then that is the end of discussion.
I have a different viewpoint from Michele's. I say, "eat till it's gone" - no leftovers - GREAT!
There hasn't been one time where there wasn't enough food that people went HUNGRY - there is always something to eat at this reunion.
And as I quoted Dwight David Eisenhower to Joseph Thomas Gallagher as Joe was piling on the taco salad, "Take all you want, but eat all you take" (he did!)
I think we waste more food that we ought to...
I remember a year when you and Mom went to town and bought hot dogs because somebody forgot to bring their food!
That's the only time that I ever remember us not having enough food --- ever!
Post a Comment